Thursday, October 13, 2011

Apple releases iOS 5.

The much awaited update is available for download since last night. So if you haven't got it yet, plug in your device to your PC/Mac and iTunes will notify of the update. If it doesn't, just click the Check for updates button and you will be invited to download it. I'm currently downloading it, so wait until I'm done before you do so :). The servers in Capertino are already overloaded and the file is 700MB in size.


Among the new features in iOS 5, the most noteworthy are the ability to navigate using five or more fingers to switch between open apps and close them as well; a new and free messaging app that works with iOS only to send messages, photos and short videos; Safari now supports tabs; iCloud gives you 5GB free online storage accessible from any Apple devices; a new notifications system etc.


I will post more about my experience with iOS 5 once I get my iPad updated. Stay tuned. In the meantime, watch a short video introducing IOS 5.


Apple



No comments:

Post a Comment